- Pascual Martínez-Gómez, Dan Han, Michael Carl and Akiko Aizawa: “Chapter 6. Recognition and characterization of translator attributes using sequences of fixations and keystrokes.” In “Eye Tracking and Multidisciplinary Studies on Translation”, by Walker, Callum and Federico M. Federici (eds.), pp.97-120. Benjamins Translation Library, 143. John Benjamins. October, 2018. [link]
- Yang Zhao, Xiaoyu Shen, Senuma Hajime, and Akiko Aizawa: “A Comprehensive Study: Sentence Compression with Linguistic Knowledge-Enhanced Gated Neural Network.” Journal: Data & Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 117, pp.307-318, September 2018. [link]
- Xanh Ho and Akiko Aizawa: “Enhancing Collaborative Variational Autoencoder with Tag and Citation Information for Scientiﬁc Article Recommendation.” Workshop 2: Toward effective support for academic information search, at the 20th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2018). Hamilton, New Zealand, November 2018.
- Saku Sugawara, Kentaro Inui, Satoshi Sekine, and Akiko Aizawa: “What Makes Reading Comprehension Questions Easier?” 2018 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2018), Brussels, Belgium, November 2-4, 2018. [link]
- Kenichi Iwatsuki, Akiko Aizawa: “Using Formulaic Expressions in Writing Assistance Systems.” The 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2018), pp.2678-2689, Santa Fe, New-Mexico, USA, August 20-26, 2018. [link]
- Yang Zhao, Zhiyuan Luo, Akiko Aizawa: “A Simple Language Model based Evaluator for Sentence Compression.” The 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2018), pp.170-175, Melbourne, Australia, July 15-20, 2018. [link]
- Kazutoshi Shinoda, Akiko Aizawa: “Query-focused Scientific Paper Summarization with Localized Sentence Representation.” The 3rd Joint Workshop on Bibliometric-enhanced Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing for Digital Libraries (BIRNDL 2018), workshop at ACM SIGIR 2018, pp.24-31, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, July 12, 2018. [link]
- Víctor Suárez-Paniagua, Isabel Segura-Bedmar, Akiko Aizawa:
“UC3M-NII Team at SemEval-2018 Task 7: Semantic Relation Classification in Scientific Papers via Convolutional Neural Network.” SemEval@NAACL-HLT 2018, pp.793-797, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, June 5-6, 2018. [link]
- Hajime Senuma, Akiko Aizawa: “Universal Dependencies for Ainu.” 11th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2018), pp.133-139, Miyazaki, Japan, May 7-12, 2018. [link]
- Andrew Collins, Dominika Tkaczyk, Akiko Aizawa, and Joeran Beel: “Position Bias in Recommender Systems for Digital Libraries.” In: Chowdhury G., McLeod J., Gillet V., Willett P. (eds) Transforming Digital Worlds. iConference 2018, pp.335-344, Sheffield, UK, March 25-28, 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10766. Springer, Cham. [link]
- Joeran Beel, Andrew Collins and Akiko Aizawa: ”Mr. DLib’s Architecture for Scholarly Recommendations-as-a-Service.” The 26th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS 2018). Trinity College Dublin, Dec 6-7, 2018.
- Akiko Aizawa, Takeshi Sagara, Kenichi Iwatsuki and Goran Topic: “Construction of a New ACL Anthology Corpus for Deeper Analysis of Scientific Papers.” Third International Workshop on SCIentific DOCument Analysis (SCIDOCA-2018), Nov. 2018.
- Akiko Aizawa, Takeshi Sagara, Goran Topic and Kenichi Iwatsuki: “Bridging the Gap between Layout, Logical, and Semantic Structures of Documents.” READ2018: International Interdisciplinary Symposium on Reading Experience & Analysis of Documents, Oct 2018. (accepted)
- Akiko Aizawa: “Natural language processing techniques for mathematical formula search.” The 11th Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics (CICM 2018). Aug 13-17, 2018. KeyNote Speech